Monday, October 29, 2007

Recap--Wednesday through Thursday night

Sorry it's been so long since the last post. Last week was a pretty busy one. Can't remember what happened the 1st part of the week, but starting about Wednesday it got kind of hectic! For those of you who didn't know, we spent the weekend in Orlando celebrating the birthday of Kelly's boss' son. We left for Dallas on Thursday night and spent the night there because our flight out was at 9:15 Friday morning. Good thing we did too, because we didn't even have time to eat breakfast before we boarded the flight. We are always running late! I need to back up to Wednesday night to fill in all of the details, because they all add up to be kind of funny....now that I look back on them. They weren't funny at all at the time!
Wednesday night: I took a bite of a caramel and there was something hard in it. I pulled it out and found something white & really hard. I was disgusted for a minute until I figured out it was part of my tooth...jagged filling is sticking out and I find myself sticking my tongue over there constantly.
Thursday: Boys are at school luckily, so I try to get all packed up and everything organized so we can leave after school. Kelly's going to come home at lunch to pack so we can pick him up on the way out. 12:30 Kelly doesn't come home for lunch, but I had already made it for him--just thought I'd throw that in--says he'll be home in a little while, save it for him. Around this time I realize that Hunter, with his fetish for keys, has lost the keys to our lock box, which is where I keep birth certificates--might need those for the airport! So I start calling locksmiths. No answer at the 1st place. The 2nd place, the guy is working and won't be done till about 5:15. I think, oh that'll be too late, we'll be gone by then. 2:30 start picking up boys! Hunter and his friend Austin are 1st. After I pick them up, I decide I can't make it through the weekend with the broken tooth. My tongue is almost bleeding from the sharp metal. We go sit in the dr. office and wait. I realize I'm not going to get it done in time to go get Riley at 3:00. I call Kelly to see if he can pick up Riley and Jake, but he can't, still working and can't leave. Luckily one of the ladies he works with has a daughter at Riley's school and she offers to pick him up. So she takes Riley to Kelly. I finally have to leave to get Jake at 3:10. We get back and wait for just a few minutes and I get all fixed up. They smoothed the filling off for me. One problem solved.
So we get home and I try to finish up with all of the "leaving home preparation details" that have been entirely left up to me!!
About 5:00, as I'm pulling out to go meet the locksmith, Kelly gets home. So I go to the local trailer park and a guy working out of the back of his van gets the lock box open in less than a minute. So I think to myself, why do I even have these important papers locked up?? On my way back home, Kelly tells me that the cats are NOT staying in the house. So we move all the cats and cat accessories to the garage. Well, the cats catch on pretty quickly and one escapes. So we spend the next 30 minutes searching for her. While I'm searching, I step in another hole and twist my same ankle again! What luck...I'm beginning to think I'm not supposed to go on this trip. We finally leave the house after 6:00. After about a 4 hour drive to Dallas by the time all is said and done, we get to the hotel. Of course Riley falls asleep 15 min. before we get there! All 3 boys sleep in the same bed--at all different angles. No one got much sleep that night!
TO BE CONTINUED....got to go do some laundry!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

WOW! What a story! You should write a book:)

Wade Hanegan said...

Kelly, the Kentucky in Christy is starting to show. First it was a house full of cats now her teeth are falling out. I can't wait to see the Christmas Card picture with all three boys sitting on a transmission from a '73 Chevy Nova in the front yard.

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute Wade! You better be careful about what you say about Kentucky. You will be related to a whole bunch of us soon!